The Liebster Award is an award given to blogs by other bloggers, as a way to be discovered, connect and support the blogging community. Liebster in German means sweetheart, beloved, or darling. Originally given to blogs with less than 2000 readers, the Liebster Award is now given to blogs with far less followership.
I was pleasantly surprised to get this got this Award from Obinna of Shards of Barbs. Obinna Anyaibe is such a hardworking and intelligent young man and his work on Shards of Barbs is constantly enlightening and inspiring. You should check it out.
Related: Blogger Recognition Award
Shards of Barbs’ Questions
- What is ‘blogging‘ to you?
Blogging to me is simply giving back. It gives me the opportunity to touch people’s lives positively without ever having to meet them in person. I’m always learning and growing, and blogging has allowed me share this process with over 30,000 people this past year.
- What/who inspires you to blog?
My inspirations come from so many different sources the news, the season, new books or places. Where I see an information gap, I try to fill it.
- What is/was your greatest challenge in your Blogventure?
Internet access and sticking to a consistent posting schedule
- What do you want to achieve on your blog before December next year?
100,000 visitors. It’s a lofty goal but if I don’t try I’ll never know.
- What advice would you give new bloggers?
I don’t thing I’m in a position to give any advice. Nevertheless, I always say “Read more”. The more you read, the better you write.
I’m nominating the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
- What would you do if you didn’t blog?
- What are you most proud of about your blog in this past year?
- What do you hope to achieve with your blog in the next one year?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
As usual, nominees are not mandated to answer these questions, however, it would be very helpful if you did.